||Analyse of small sample of cloth for the purpose of reproduction (simple weaves like elementary weaves and its derivatives, diamond and diaper, simple fancy weaves).
- Find out material
- Face and back sides
- Warp and weft
- Fabric name and types of fibres used
- Fabric type and weave
- Ends and picks per inch
- Counts of warp and weft
- Type of yarn (single or folded)
- Direction of twist (Z or S)
- Crimp percentage of warp and weft
- Arrangement of colour thread (if any)
- Yarn diameter
- Cover factors
- Blend composition
- Percentage contraction of warp and weft
- Construct design, draft and peg-plan on graph paper
- Loom particulars and manufacturing data of these types of fabrics: Manufacturing Data: No. of heald shafts, heald counts, reed count, pick wheel, width in reed (in.) - body & selvedges, ends/inch in reed, total no. of ends, warp length, cloth length, cloth width, area, thickness, weight in lb (warp + size + weft = Total; Fabric wt. in oz/sq-yd; Fabric class and fabric condition)
- Any finish
||Special features, any defects, comment and precautions.
||Practice of conversion of simple artistic design to design paper for weaving.
||Preparation of plain tappet loom design with particulars required for weaving like drafts of warp, denting, peg-plan.
||Elements of Colour
||Preparation of colour charts showing primary, secondary and tertiary colour.
||Preparation of mixed colour effects.
||Practice of colour harmony and contrast.
||Preparation of small border design.
||Free hand sketching.
| Scheme of Examination: Final Examination Marks = 40